Monday, July 29, 2013

Home Basics Espresso Maker - Stainless Steel - 6 Cup

Home Basics Espresso Maker - Stainless Steel - 6 CupGets the job done in a no frills kinda way and may well make the perfect gift when paired with a tin of Alessi Espresso Ground Coffee, 8.8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 6) or Alessi Decaf Espresso Ground Coffee, 8.8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)

Changed my review from 4 to 5 stars after 2 months of use.

The good:

Once you start making coffee this way, you will start to carry your pot almost everywhere you go. This one is perfect for transport; small, light and inexpensive.

The double edged sword:

The screen on this unit seems to be super fine, which may lead to premature clogging. The upside of that is that you get less grind residue in a cup.

Things to consider:

Originally, I had thought the handle was smaller and less substantial than I would have liked. I have changed my mind. The handle is up to the task.

I have been able to speed up the brew time with my vev vignale by microwaving the water before adding it to the pot. The small size of this unit makes that exercise much more difficult and not worth the risk.

The Alessi Espresso products have recently become available in my local market Rouses Supermarkets (New Orleans, LA), prior to that I had been a long user of the 8 O'clock Coffee Brand able to grind it (espresso to turkish) at the local market.

Caslo

No comments:

Post a Comment