Thursday, October 24, 2013

Stella Inox Lucido 6-cup Stainless Steel Stovetop Espresso Maker #496

Stella Inox Lucido 6-cup Stainless Steel Stovetop Espresso Maker #496That's what I said to myself the first time I made a cup of espresso in my Stella Inox Lucido. I was looking for a non-electric, stainless steel stove-top espresso maker that had no plastic or aluminum parts. I also wanted the option of making one cup for me or two cups for for both myself and my husband. We drink more in our cup than the standard espresso sized cup. this has the stainless steel "mesh" which can be turned over for 1-3 cups, but I find that it works fine by just putting less coffee grounds into the basket. I also did find that you really should have at least 1/2 a pot of water for it to percolate properly, which means at least 3 espresso-sized cups must be made at a time. If I need to make more than one pot, I simply run it under cool water and it cools off very quickly so it can be handled and refilled right away.

This espresso maker is solidly built and Although I do not open it up by the handle, the handle feels sturdy. If I pour just half the pot into my cup and keep the rest in the pot, the thick stainless steel retains enough heat to keep the coffee warm for me to drink about 15 minutes later. I grind my coffee beans super fine and I get only a tiny amount of the finest powder in the bottom of the cup.

One of the best things about this espresso maker besides making great tasting coffee, is the ingenious handle design. Being angled out, if I set the pot just on the edge of the flame, the handle actually stays cool and I don't need a pot holder to lift it off the stove and pour into a cup.

I am so happy with my choice espresso maker, I can't think of anything I don't like about it. Like I said, Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment