Saturday, November 23, 2013

KRUPS KM720D50 Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe and LCD screen, Stainless Steel

KRUPS KM720D50 Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe and LCD screen, Stainless SteelI ordered this coffee maker after I broke the carafe on my old Braun. It looks like Braun has gone out of business so I began looking for a new one. After spending hours looking over the reviews on all of the other coffee makers on Amazon and Consumers Reports, I took a chance on this one. It was amazing how many problems all of the other coffee makers seemed to have; from pumping hot coffee all over the floor and counter to some even catching on fire. I was very nervous about ordering this one because at the time it only had one review. I can safely say now that I am very happy with this one. The coffee is as good as my old Braun, the carafe seems thicker and sturdier than the Braun and it does what it is suppose to do; safely make good coffee, keep it in the pot and be easy to clean. This is a stylish looking unit after my research I believe it is the only one being made now that does all of this. Unless you get a bad one, and all companies will problems with some of their units, I think you will be happy with this one.

Well, I said I'd never get another Krups after the FME model I got 2 years ago made a great cup of burning plastic flavored coffee, but as you can see, I tried them again. This model isn't listed on Krups' website, and I only discovered this version by reading a review on another site. And if I remember correctly, none of my searches here on Amazon turned this one up until I typed in the exact model#. I tried a Cuisinart 1200, rated fairly highly here, and what it made was not coffee. So I gave this Krups a shot based on a 4.5 star rating. Yup this is the real thing. Good, rich, smooth, gourmet-flavored brew. All of you looking for a replacement for the Krups ProAroma 453 can find it here. The other good thing about this model is finally they put the clock display on top of the maker so you don't have to kneel on the floor to see what the display says. The bad is... the clock display, at least on mine, is fuzzy & unclear unless you go up on your tiptoes (hence my 4 rather than 5 star rating). I know, I just complain, complain, complain. Also good about this model is they finally put a bright red floating ball in the water level indicators (yes, there's now TWO of them so you can see from all angles!). All the buttons are up top & easy to figure out. You need to buy separately a #4 gold tone permanent filter. I like the top of the carafe well thought out. You open it by pressing your thumb down, which, unlike other Krups that attach on the lip-side, means you can partially open the lid while you're pouring. I had no problems with drips when pouring. Good job, Krups.

Here's an update after several days use. This appliance makes very smooth coffee, even when really strong. I found that adding a little extra grounds than usual makes for a mind-blowingly good brew. My wife said she could smell the power from across the room. I only say this so you know that stronger than usual may be better depending on your tastes. Also, the instructions say they advise not to make less than 4 cups coffee at a time. I agree. The ProAroma could handle one or two cups of water correctly but this one cannot. This Krups makes superb coffee when you make 4 or more cups, in fact I've learned to make 8 cups at a time, even tho' I only drink 2-3, because the flavor is so superior. I'm drinking a cup now & can't believe how incredibly good it is wow! I'm in coffee heaven.

I can now see one potential problem for the future. The carafe lid is held on by 2 nubbins that fit into slotted cutouts on the top of the carafe handle. Those nubbins & the slots are very small and I can see one of the 2 breaking off after a short time of use. In fact, I've already had the lid fall off all on its own. Both should have been larger so they would be stronger. The instructions warn you to turn off the maker when you pour the last cup. I know some folks, like my wife, think since it has an auto-off function, to just let it turn off on its own. That's a really bad idea. Not only can it de-temper an empty carafe & make it more likely to break spontaneously & splash scalding coffee all over you, it can set off the thermal overload switch located under the heating plate, which means your coffee maker is outta commission until repaired or replaced. Look at all the complaints under reviews of Krups machines burning out after less than a year. That's what happens if you leave it on when there's no coffee in the carafe. Turn it off when you're done so you'll have coffee tomorrow.

Here's one more update after having used this coffeemaker for a couple months. There is a flaw in the design of the filter housing, which is removable like with previous models of Krups machines. There's a spring-loaded valve on the bottom of the housing so you can, in theory, remove the pot while the machine is still making coffee without hot coffee spilling out from the filter area. Many coffeemakers do this so you can get a quick cup without waiting for the whole load of water to brew. The valve assembly is not designed well. The piston is held on by a small soft washer that has a tendency to disconnect when simply removing or replacing the carafe & the whole assembly falls apart. Also, the valve stem doesn't fit snugly in its channel so it makes a significant side to side movement when replacing the carafe. That results in the tip of the valve, where the coffee comes out, to land on the wrong part of the carafe lid & spill over the outside of the carafe. Krups states in the directions that failing to carefully place the carafe will result in spills, implying that it's a problem. It is a problem. Just about every other potful leaks and it's really frustrating. If they can just fix this valve problem... I'm really tempted to remove the assembly completely, which would assure the hot coffee comes out straight down where it needs to. But the coffee quality is excellent, and that, my friends, is more important than anything else in my book & I'll put up with some flaws for the perfect taste.

Buy KRUPS KM720D50 Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe and LCD screen, Stainless Steel Now

The taste of the coffee from this machine when put on the "Aroma" setting is outstanding. I was wanting a replacement for an older Krups machine. It has good tasting coffee too, but this particular model has made my coffee drinking experience brand new. I have had comments from others saying "This coffee sure is good!". I do not go to any special lengths to make my coffee either. The Krups brand in my opinion is hard to beat.

Read Best Reviews of KRUPS KM720D50 Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe and LCD screen, Stainless Steel Here

My old Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black/Brushed Metal died so needed a replacement in my office. This is a great quality product from Krups. It's fast, convenient, and easy to clean. It keeps the coffee hot and fresh. Highly recommended.

Want KRUPS KM720D50 Programmable 12-Cup Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe and LCD screen, Stainless Steel Discount?

Love this coffee maker, just wished it beeped when done brewing. Can't say for sure that the 'aroma' feature makes that big of a difference. I love strong coffee so I still use a good 1 cup of grounds for only 5 cups brewed using dark coffee beans. Other than that this Krups sits real pretty on the counter. Also no dreaded drips when pouring. The carafe has no plastic on the rim. Keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts longer than a year or two.

Save 21% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment