Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Black & Decker DCM600W 5-Cup Drip Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe, White

Black & Decker DCM600W 5-Cup Drip Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe, WhiteBlack & Decker 5-Cup Coffeemaker is an inexpensive & quick way to a delicious cup of coffee. The size of the pot is perfect for one person or two. So easy to use & easy clean up. Nice, clean lines. Great gift idea.

Note: when filling the water resovoir & pouring the coffee, it's best to use the thumb tab to lift the carafe lid, otherwise the liquid tends to over flow the spout.

This appliance makes just the right amount of coffee for me with all its faults. The water guage is invisible unless you close the lid. If you close the lid how do you pour in the water? The overfill guide is two holes in the water compartment. If by accident, you overfill, you have water all over the counter. After the coffee is made, the entire appliance is dripping with condensation. The price is right but sure has lots of design problems.

Buy Black & Decker DCM600W 5-Cup Drip Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe, White Now

This will be the THIRD one of this particular B&D model that I will be purchasing. OK, call me "insane" but I have liked the way it makes coffee and will just put up with its drawbacks which I wish B&D would fix:

(1) Without a Pause(to stop drips) it still can drip and any water/coffee that falls on the hot plate WILL corrode it over time. On my second one of this model I even covered the hot plate with foil at the outset to prevent the corrosion but over time (a year or little over) the foil corroded and, thus, the hot plate;

(2) On/Off button broke. On this second model, the On/Off button simply cracked and then fell off. I had to discard this coffeemaker due to the danger of electrical shock.

Other than that, I've been pleased with its size and the coffee it brews.

Read Best Reviews of Black & Decker DCM600W 5-Cup Drip Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe, White Here

This is an update for my original review shown below. After having the pot several more months, I have noticed that the hot plate does get corroded from hot coffee dripping on it. Also, one other problem, which has also been mentioned by other reviewers is that pouring out the coffee can get messy it tends to drip and dribble unless you pour slowly and keep the lid raised while pouring. However, considering how much use I get out of it (at least three pots of coffee or hot water a day), I'm still happy with it and my original rating of four stars stands. If B & D can come up with a better, non-drip carafe and a hot plate that doesn't corrode, they'd earn five stars from me.

The Black & Decker 5-cup coffeemaker is a good little basic pot for those times when you only need to make enough coffee for one or two people. I generally use a 16 oz. mug for my coffee and with this pot I get almost two mugs full. One of the other reviewers mentioned that the hot plate portion of their pot had corroded from the coffee dripping onto it. I haven't had that problem but I've only had my pot for about three months. There are no bells and whistles with this machine no timers, automatic shutoff, etc. It's just a good basic coffeemaker for people who don't want to make a big pot of coffee when all they want is a cup or two.

Want Black & Decker DCM600W 5-Cup Drip Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe, White Discount?

Black and Decker DCM600 5 Cup Drip coffeemaker without serve and pause AND I LOVE IT FOR THAT REASON. Old fashion simple design . The serve and pause feature is one feature that breaks easy. The 5 cup capacity is unique . It's not too small and not to big. But the biggest draw for this model is that I don't need to use the carafe if I only need a small 16 oz of coffee , all I need is to put my mug instead of the carafe. Most mug will fit under this model. with pause and serve model , it is not possible . The newest single serve coffee will cost $35$150 dollars like the Kurig but we will have to buy a coffee that will fit in the machine which in the long run could cost more . So overall by price and convenient Black & Decker DCMM600W is the winner. I am ordering my 4th one. I give one as a gift . I put one at work and I gave away one to my daughter so Ineed one at home for myself.Hopefully black and Decker will continue this model. I called this the classic one .Unfortunately they are hard to buy . Not too many are available in store. Specially the Black Model.

No comments:

Post a Comment