Monday, October 28, 2013

Chefmate® 12-Cup Coffeemaker

Chefmate® 12-Cup CoffeemakerI've read a number of reviews on this item...there are folks who seem to buy one and it lasts and works well forever. But there seem to be more that have the same problem I did. I bought this yesterday at Target for under $10. It worked exactly twice and then stopped working completely. The red power light works, but nothing brews and the hotplate doesn't heat up. I read on another web site that it's a switch inside that goes bad. It said you can try and press around on the top to activate that switch, but you might have to keep doing it during the whole brewing process. Another review suggested it was a fuse that was too small. Either way, I'm taking mine back to Target and going back to a Mr Coffee.

My Ancient Mr. Coffee 8 cup died after 5 years of use and countless times being left on all day / overnight. I needed something new and cheap, as money is tight this month with the daughter's birthday coming up. I saw this coffee maker at Target for under $10.00 and made the purchase. I did not think that it would last a long time, or make particularly good coffee, but I thought it would be on par with my old basic skills Mr. Coffee and would last long enough until I was ready to spring for a more serious coffee maker.

On day 3, I got up, filled it with coffee and water, hit the power button, and stepped away for about 10 minutes. When I returned, nothing had happened. The heating element went out in it I assume, after just 2 days of coffee making.

I guess you get what you pay for, but for $10 bucks, it could have at least lasted 2 weeks. Don't waste any money on this machine.

Buy Chefmate® 12-Cup Coffeemaker Now

I had this coffeepot for about 3 weeks and it was working fine.

Unfortunately one day I was using it, and it had been on for about an hour or so (to keep my coffee warm) and I noticed an odd smell. My window was open so I thought it may have come from outside. I turn and look at my coffeepot and realize it was SMOKING. I immediately turned it off and unplugged it from the outlet. The smoke was curling from the bottom of the machine.

Everything was fine, and I threw it out the next day, but it completely freaked me out. I mean it could have started a fire if it was left on any longer. What if I had happened to go in the next room for a little while? I know you're not supposed to leave appliances on unattended but really? An hour and it short circuits?

Dangerous product!!!!

Read Best Reviews of Chefmate® 12-Cup Coffeemaker Here

AMAZING value...UNDER $10!. Our first one lasted almost 4 years... we're ready to buy another.

Found them again at Target this week (7/2010) and bought two for $7 each! Great value.. GREAT coffee.. great as gifts too!

Want Chefmate® 12-Cup Coffeemaker Discount?

I cannot recommend this coffee pot enough. It not only brews strong, good coffee in a timely manner, but it is also a very effective ballistic missile.

It has survived one of my drunken roommates hurling it across not one, but THREE rooms at another roommate's head! HOW BADAASS IS THAT?!

It is also quite effective as a melee weapon when the original target recovered the missile and proceeded to demolish the kitchen with it.

Kitchen: trashed

Coffee Pot: INTACT!!!

Good to keep in the home for a cup of GOOD MORNING AMERICA! and also good when the Nazis invade.

See Facebook for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment