Saturday, October 26, 2013

Villaware 275-06 Moka Express 6-Cup Espresso Maker

Villaware 275-06 Moka Express 6-Cup Espresso MakerI've been using my Bialetti 6-cup moka maker for a couple years now and it sure beats the mess of an actual espresso machine and if you make the coffee correctly you don't sacrifice any of the great flavor. I'm not sure why this product is listed as Villaware because it is a Bialetti maker from Italy. Anyway, it makes great coffee. How to use: 1. Fill the bottom half with water up to the release valve so the water level is right under the release. 2. Place the filter in the bottom half and fill with espresso coffee very carefully. You need to spread the coffee to the edge of the filter and then get a good mound of coffee in the middle. Do not tamp the coffee in the filter like you would an espresso handle filter. 3. Screw on the top tightly. 4. Put on burner under low heat so the water can seep through the coffee slowly. 5. Once you hear it percolating you are done with this portion. For a simple cup of espresso just add sugar. Once the coffee is done there are a variety of recipes which you will have to look elsewhere for. Cleaning this pot is also very important. After it has cooled down you can take it apart, dump the coffee (I use an old coffee can), and clean the pieces with cold water only. DO NOT use soap to clean this pot. I like to wipe dry my pot because scum can build up if you have hard water, but you can let it drip dry. Do not put the pot back together while it is wet. In fact you don't even need to put it together again until you are ready to make another pot of coffee. Buona Fortuna.

Over twenty years ago, one of my roomates had one of these and we enjoyed a little cup of espresso every morning to get the day going. I never forgot the great coffee his little pot made, but I hadn't gotten around to getting one of my own until recently. I had about given up on espresso at home after several disappointing "cheap" plug-in machines.

The way this works is so simple; you put the water in the bottom with the coffee in a funnel like device with a stem that almost touches the bottom of the pot. Screw the gasketed top on and put it on the fire. As the water heats and starts to boil, the accumulating steam pressure forces the boiling water up the stem, through the coffee and into the top pot through a vented post. When you see steam start to come out of the spout, shut it off and enjoy!

The only trouble with this pot is its small size. It will fill one coffee mug full, so if my wife is home we have to split the pot. That's not all bad if you pour your half over a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a touch of Kahlua to fill the mug (after work, of course). I know they make larger pots like this, and as soon as Amazon has one, it's mine!

Buy Villaware 275-06 Moka Express 6-Cup Espresso Maker Now

There is nothing wrong with the Bialetti. It is excellent.

BUT...you really don't want to go with an aluminum stove top coffee maker. You want to go with stainless steel.

Over time, there will be calcium buildup in the pot; unless you're smart and use distilled water (which results in better tasting coffee anyway). When you go to use one of the decalcifiers on the aluminum, an oxide will form that is impossible to clean.The inside will lose its shininess and possibly some of the metal, allowing aluminum to leach in to the coffee.

This problem is avoided with a stainless steel stove top unit.

Read Best Reviews of Villaware 275-06 Moka Express 6-Cup Espresso Maker Here

Ask my wife, I love coffee, and I love espresso even more. It is rare to find a good cup of espresso, even at a fine shop, but this little machine does it. Trust me, I am picky. It does a wonderful job of bringing out a rich, even flavor from any bean. My first cup with it (about 4 months ago) was an experience of it's own. Since then, I literally have brewed 2 or 3 pots of regular coffee. I shun coffe wherever I go, and I compare "professional" espresso to what the Moka Express can do. Buy it. I have nothing to gain, except to know I have ended your search for a great cup of espresso at home, without the dissapointing results of the under $100.00 steam espresso makers. PS. My son asks me to pack it whenever we travel.

Want Villaware 275-06 Moka Express 6-Cup Espresso Maker Discount?

I have been drinking coffee from this machine for 5 years now, and let me tell you, it's a new level of coffee. My roommate and I swear this is the best coffee in the world (I've recently been to Paris and Italy and nothing compared!).

The capacity is somewhat small, but it's good for one or two people, and hopefully amazon will soon offer the 12 cup version.

I've found that flavor has more to do with the type of beans, a certain bean that tastes great in a drip coffee will not necessarily taste great in this machine. So do lot's of experiments. And don't grind the coffee too finely as the machine will clog and sputter out of the sides...

I drink regular size mugs of this every morning with half and half (regular milk has no effect). Note that 6 cups refers to the tiny espresso cups. this thing will fill about 1.5 normal size mugs with very strong coffee (with room for cream)... Definitely buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment