Friday, May 30, 2014

DeLonghi DC514T 14-Cup Programmable Drip Coffeemaker

DeLonghi DC514T 14-Cup Programmable Drip CoffeemakerI've had my DeLonghi Esclusivo coffeemaker for exactly 3 months. It brewed the best tasting coffee I've ever had. It was my favorite coffee maker by far for the following reasons: Coffee is delicious -slow brewing permits a more robust coffee. Small footprint on my counter. Stylish design. VERY easy to program and use. Large opening through which to pour water. Charcoal filter to purify water. Automatic shut off. Caraffe has large opening for easy cleaning. NON-DRIP POURING!! I was in heaven with this coffeemaker and knew I'd found the perfect one. (I've had many in my lifetime.)

Unfortunately, two days ago, the plastic surrounding the hot plate began to melt. The vendor from whom I purchased it has already refunded my money and has asked me to return it. I will NOT purchase another one for fear of fire hazard. This coffeemaker would have received 10 stars from me had it not begun to melt itself to death. For this reason, I'm heartsick.....it WAS the perfect coffeemaker.

Easy to use, attractive design, makes aromatic hot coffee. I like the aroma function that brews the coffee slower and uses the "shower head method" to better soak the coffee grounds while brewing. As long as the machine doesn't break down, the 5 stars will remain. Silly me, I thought maybe was made in Italy, but no, made is China. I bought this because of good price, free shipping and attractive design. It has more pluses than that. It is a good buy!

Buy DeLonghi DC514T 14-Cup Programmable Drip Coffeemaker Now

I purchased this coffee maker in December 2009 and it worked well for a whopping 7 months. My son threw it in the trash but I remembered that it had a one year warranty so I dug it out of the garbage can. The piece needed to stop the water from dripping all over the counter is on backorder. I understand that backorders happen, but a 3 month backorder is unacceptable.

I spoke to Bev in customer service and she was as useless as you-know-what on a bull. She said that the part wasn't necessary to operate the coffee maker. I suppose she's correct, IF you prefer licking your morning coffee off of the counter top instead of sipping it from a cup.

Since my machine has been inoperable for three months, and there is no date in sight for the part's arrival, I suggested that they send me a new one. Request denied. I later suggested that they should extend my warranty since my 12 month warranty has turned into a 9 month warranty since the part is on back order. Request denied.

Unless you enjoy lapping your coffee from your counter, i would stay away from this unit and company in general.

UPDATE: Oct 30th, I received the wrong part from the company and must now wait at least two more months for the correct item.

Read Best Reviews of DeLonghi DC514T 14-Cup Programmable Drip Coffeemaker Here

I have used almost every brand of coffee maker. But when I made the first pot with my DeLonghi, I new then that I would never use another coffee maker. The coffee that was made from it was by far the best I have ever tasted, even comparing it with coffee shops.If you by this coffee maker you will not be dissatisfied.

Want DeLonghi DC514T 14-Cup Programmable Drip Coffeemaker Discount?

We purchased this coffee maker after doing a lot of researching and trusting many of the reviews on this site. However, we were really disappointed with the taste of the brewed coffee. We thought it was sort of muddy, at times almost chalky-tasting, and at the end of every cup there was a thick black bitter tasting 'sludge'. I am very experienced at making coffee and have never had this problem with any machine before.

Although we weren't 100% pleased, we decided to stick it out and try to continue using this machine. However, 2 more incidents have changed our minds and it's going in the trash now:

A) Our child accidentally broke the carafe, therefore, a word of caution: buying the matching glass 14 cup replacement carafe is nearly impossible. You can't buy it on Amazon, and when we decided to purchase from Delonghi, the only other place we could find one, it was $50 with shipping! If you do purchase this machine be VERY careful not to break the carafe!

B) Just today, the pressure gauge on the filter broke off rendering the filter now useless. Bear in mind, this machine was purchased only a month ago!

I felt compelled to write this review to anyone out there doing their research and thinking this is the coffee maker for them. We had a terrible experience with it from Day 1, and will now be purchasing a Cuisinart for our great past experience with that brand and their easy-to-find replacement parts.

Good luck in your search!

Save 44% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment