Thursday, July 31, 2014

Primula Classic 8-Cup Coffee Press

Primula Classic 8-Cup Coffee Press, Metallic RedThis was my first foray into using a french press, so I don't have much basis for comparison; however, I'm very happy with the purchase. Following basic instructions I found on the internet (which match up nicely with the manufacturer-provided instructions), I was able to make a tasty and very strong pot of coffee. As someone who lives in a small space, I appreciate being able to make coffee at home without a cumbersome coffee machine taking up valuable counter space.

The pot and press both seem sturdy, and both have weathered several washings with no ill effects. The handle seems firmly attached, and the whole thing feels well made. I bought it in red, and it's an attractive object. Some of the red enamel on the lid was chipped when it arrived, but I haven't seen any other blemishes.

I would not recommend this for someone who doesn't like a robust cup of coffee--Coffee made in this french press packs a punch. For me, that's a huge bonus, but I like my coffee strong.

I had been wanting to try French press coffee for quite a while but didn't want to spend a lot on a press for several reasons. First, I wasn't sure I was going to like the taste. Second, all the presses, with the exception of the double-wall glass ones, looked pretty much the same except some had more plastic than others. Without knowing why I would spend $75 vs $20, I decided to opt for the less expensive model until I felt certain spending the extra $ was warranted. Well, not only does this press work really well, it is truly atrractive and a delight to keep on my kitchen counter. Easy to clean, pour, and use. Can't understand why spending big bucks would be worth it when this one is available!!

Buy Primula Classic 8-Cup Coffee Press Now

price good , came in 3 days , first time making some coffee it was strong , very tasteful in simple to use i use this one it makes for me 2 big mugs of coffee in stil have a half a cup left, i think i might throw away my drip or put it back lol

Read Best Reviews of Primula Classic 8-Cup Coffee Press Here

I bought this exact French press at Macy's and it lasted less than 1 year. I was very disappointed in the quality of this press, even though it was my first experience owning one.

I read the instruction booklet before using it, and it said that it was safe to put into the dishwasher. This proved incorrect because the red coloring is a thin layer of film and it began peeling off after one wash, sticking on other dishes. Not to mention it then looked awful because it had red color peeling off all over.

The press 'plunger' piece also was very cheap and would unscrew easily.

It did, however, "do the job" until recently when I bumped the carafe on the sink while washing and it completely shattered.

I would definitely recommend paying a little more for something that will actually last.

Want Primula Classic 8-Cup Coffee Press Discount?

As stated, this is a good French press for the money. But there is one caveat. If you put it in the dishwasher the metallic coating will be gone in a few washings. It still looks good, but don't buy it for the color.

Save 33% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment