Tuesday, July 29, 2014

West Bend 55108 3-in-1 Coffee Center, Black and Stainless

West Bend 55108 3-in-1 Coffee Center, Black and StainlessThis machine looks very nice and was built fairly well for the most part, BUT the cappaccino machine needs more steam power for the frother and the rubber piece they have over the froth wand is useless and the machine actually froths better without it. The coffee maker takes forever to brew and the pot and its lid are kind of cheap.

I would NOT recommend this machine.

I am a hard sell when it comes to coffee makers. Over the years I have bought and subsequently returned, or trashed, more machines than I can remember. I had actually gone back to brewing manuallly with the cone and boiled water. Then last February I was furnishing a new office. I desparately scoured the market once again for anything that had the basics of a good machine and that was not rediculously expensive. In a last ditch effort, and with very low expectations, I bought the West Bend at Walmart. I was very surprised! This machine gets it right. The water is hot enough, the caraffe is easy to pour and easy to read, the warmer is not too hot, all the grounds get soaked evenly, its fairly fast, and it does not spatter or overflow and it turns out a great cup of coffee.

The Espresso side does okay, too, although it did spatter and make a mess, (I haven't seen one in this price range that doesn't), it was easy to figure out, easy to clean, and it makes a decent latte.

I recommended this coffee-maker to my next-door-neighbor, she bought it and I have used it several times. Again, no problems, excellent coffee.

For the money, you can't go wrong with this one.

Buy West Bend 55108 3-in-1 Coffee Center, Black and Stainless Now

I found this product to be poorly made and flimsy. The espresso was more bitter than my previous machine and the machine itself clogged easily. I found that coffee of both types made with this machine was just a little funny tasting, perhaps because of the plastic or other materials used in its manufacture.

On the good side, the warmer plate for regular coffee was not very hot, but hot enough, allowing the second cup to taste almost the same as the first.

Read Best Reviews of West Bend 55108 3-in-1 Coffee Center, Black and Stainless Here

Well so far this machine has been great for the price, while the espresso isn't great it makes a fairly good mocha. It isn't a 3 or 5 hundred dollar machine, let's face it it wasn't even $50.00. I usually spend $5.00 or $10.00 a week on mochas so if I get even 6 months out of it will will have paid for itself several tiimes over. If you are looking for Starbucks either go to Starbucks or get yourself a $500.00 machine but if you are looking for a fairly good mocha or cappucino then give it a try.

Want West Bend 55108 3-in-1 Coffee Center, Black and Stainless Discount?

For the price, the machine looks great and I was not expecting miracles just good coffee and occasional decent cappuccino. That said I was happy to read Miss Mary's review because the bitter taste the coffee has from this machine is amazing. First, I thought it was the water then the coffee after changing both and getting the same result I'm glad it was not just me. I plan to send it back today!

No comments:

Post a Comment