Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bialetti Easy Cafe 6-Cup Espresso Maker

Bialetti Easy Cafe 6-Cup Espresso MakerIf you like expresso or lattes and you are looking for convenience and portability, here's your answer. Simply unscrew the top from the bottom. Fill the bottom to the line with water. Place the metal filter in the bottom and fill with your favorite ground coffee. Now, screw the top half of the pot back on place the pot on the electric heating plate and wait 5-6 minutes to pour excellent coffee. I like to warm lowfat milk in the microwave while I wait. The coffee beeps when it's ready, and you simply pour. Sweeten to taste. A full pot makes one venti-sized latte or six espresso sized portions. Barristas unite!

I owned the first model of Bialetti electric moka pot, which didn't have a separate base. It was used daily with no problem, then just stopped working. It was still under warranty so the company replaced it with this model as soon as it was available; it was distributed in Italy before the USA. Their customer service staff were wonderful to work with.

The difference in the new electric moka model is that the base, which houses the electric switch, is now separate. I've been using this model daily for almost a year now, with absolutely no problems.

Stovetop models make a better "espresso type" coffee, producing some crema on top. I still use my stovetop moka pots at home because I have the leisure time to watch & listen for the brewing to finish.

The electric pot is kept at work, where I can enjoy wonderful coffee brewing right in my office, instead of the tasteless coffee brewed in the breakroom. Not having to worry about the coffee burning, if I have to step out while it's brewing, is a big advantage. The light turns green and the pot beeps distinctly for about 1 minute when the brewing is finished, then it shuts itself off. It brews coffee faster than my stovetop moka pots at home. Supposedly it will keep the coffee warm for about 20 minutes, but I pour mine immediately, so I've never tested that feature! It brews about 10oz. of strong, espresso-type coffee (with a small amount of crema), to which I add 6 oz. of milk heated in the microwave. Illy is the brand of coffee I use; they've just come out with a new product especially for moka coffee, ground a bit coarser.

I've no complaints about Bialetti's product! This wonderful electric moka pot has saved me the money that I used to squander daily at Starbucks. I'm also less rushed & frazzled in the morning because I don't have to wait in long lines at SB's, and I get to work thirty minutes early. Several people in my building bought this model after tasting my coffee, and I've heard nothing but rave reviews from them.

Buy Bialetti Easy Cafe 6-Cup Espresso Maker Now

The coffee is great fuller and richer than with our Mr. Coffee. We loved our little pot and after three weeks, the power base just stopped working. The return to Target will be simple just drop it by the store but I hesitate to buy another.

For those who dare: be sure to keep your coffeemaker very dry [it's best to store it disassembled], be careful never to add water above the escape valve [or it can blow], screw it together tightly and hold the coffeemaker not the handle when you twist. And for us, this made one large mug.

I'm giving it a 3 since it broke so soon [and believe me, I pampered the little pot]. The coffee tastes great!

Read Best Reviews of Bialetti Easy Cafe 6-Cup Espresso Maker Here

I'm an Italian-American. My grandparents were born in Italy, and my mother brewed espresso in a very large stainless steel pot that I have inherited and use when I have company. I find fancy cappuccino and espresso makers a bit ridiculous. I've tried numerous smaller espresso pots, and been disappointed with all of them. Either they were difficult to dismantle and clean, or the coffee was bitter, or the manufacturer had tried to combine a stove-top espresso pot with a latte/cappuccino maker and failed: after emitting alot of steam, the pot produced muddy, undrinkable coffee.

This pot works. I bought the electric version because the burners on my stove are too large for a smaller pot. (Beware -if you balance a small pot on a large burner, the handle will weaken and break off -this happened to me and it was not pretty.) The coffee is delicious and the pot is easy to clean -just dump out the grinds and rinse. In fact, this pot is just like my Mom's, albeit electrical. Although it's advertised for six cups of espresso, it's great for brewing the one, large cup that I prefer after dinner. In fact, if I didn't have my mother's ancient large espresso pot, I'd definitely buy an even larger version for company.

A word of advice: wash out the grinds and clean the pot right away, so that your pot does not deteriorate and your coffee become "bitter." Vinegar wash will not fix a pot whose finish has deteriorated; the only way to prevent such damage is to clean the pot immediately after each use.

Want Bialetti Easy Cafe 6-Cup Espresso Maker Discount?

The unit makes very tasty coffee, but note that it produces about 1.5 American cups, not 6. When they say 6, they mean 6 small espresso cup servings. I liked to brew up the pot and pour it into a large mug, which was perfect. The bad news is the electric base was fussy, and sometimes the on/off button wouldnt click on; the base chirped the way it does if you forget to put water in. After a few episodes of not being able to turn the base on, it eventually quit working entirely. Well, that was pretty disappointing because the unit is expensive. Today the owner of a chef's supply in my town suggested I contact Bialetti, which I did tonight. I think I've had the unit for about a year, so it may not be under warranty. I dont feel the base is built to last, so consider that when you contemplate buying this model. It might be better to go for the stove-top version, although with that one you need to stay by the stove to avoid ruining the brew and burning the handle off the pot. Phooey, I wish this thing were better engineered. I really liked it, but it isnt long-lasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment