Monday, August 18, 2014

Black & Decker Single Serve Coffee Maker, Black

Black & Decker Single Serve Coffee Maker, BlackNeeded a small footprint coffee maker so this seemed to fit the bill. Yes, it is small and the fact it came with a reusable filter WAS a plus. It is very cheap...and that is to be expected from a $20 machine built in China. So basically the PROS are: Small and reusable filter. CONS: Coffee doesn't come out HOT. It is nearly hot but I like my coffee hot. The biggest issue is now, after 3 months it shuts off before it is done brewing! I have to hit the little button sometimes 3 times for it to finish. If it didn't break I might give it another star but really, it is a VERY cheaply made unit. The travel mug is not for travel and doesn't insulate well.

I'd pass on this one.

I bought this coffee maker at Fred Meyer for half the price (can't remember if it was on sale or just THAT much cheaper). I'm on here looking it up because my husband has taken up drinking coffee after I bought this and was looking to buy a second mug!

Any way, the negative reviews, I just wanted to clear up that the coffee maker DOES turn off in what you would think is during the brewing process but that is not true. What it does is kind of sucks up the water and once it has sucked up all of the water into the filter (don't ask me the technical terms for this process, lol) it will turn off and just drip the rest of the coffee out. So basically, it's SUPPOSED to do that. Turn it on, once, let it go, when you hear the gurgling sound it's about to shut off, let it shut off, let the rest of it drip into your cup. Takes about 3-5 minutes after that process for it to be completely done. If you turn it on again you're burning your coffee! And total, it takes less than 10 minutes to get all 16 oz made.

The design of it IS cheap, I'll agree with that, however I knocked it off my counter once (it's very light weight so I barely bumped it and off it flew) and it didn't get damaged so I would have to say it's at least durable. The silver face plate has also popped off on me but it just snaps back on. I'm VERY accident prone and rough with electronics and the like, so if it can survive me, it can survive anything, hehehe.

But yeah, $45 is definitely too much for this brewer and I'm not sure why I was able to get it so cheap. Look in the stores first!

Buy Black & Decker Single Serve Coffee Maker, Black Now

I use this everyday. In the morning for work with "one to go" for driving. I use it to make hot water for tea instead of the microwave. I use it to make hot water for instant oatmeal. It does make hot water. Don't believe the reviews about it does not. It is very fast and easy to clean. I figured out to add one extra small spoon of coffee to make it a bit stronger. I add the hazelnut creamer and sweetener packs to the cup. I like it. It's simple and fast. I haven't tried the pods. They defeat the purpose of a good cup of coffee at a lower price. I did notice on Amazon there are make your own pods kits. I might try this for travel.

Read Best Reviews of Black & Decker Single Serve Coffee Maker, Black Here

Good machine. Bought it for my husband and he really likes it. It makes his coffee that he takes to work quickly and quietly. I have never heard it in the morning. It works with many different travel containers, takes little space on our counter, and looks ice. He has been using it every day for 2-3 months now and we have no complaints.

Want Black & Decker Single Serve Coffee Maker, Black Discount?

We are snowbirds and this little coffee maker works great in our motorhome.....The small kitchen counter got a whole lot bigger with it on it.

Save 18% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment